Thin multi-ply maple shells are strong and toneful
Thin drums tend to offer the highest energy transfer from head to shell. But special care must to be taken to ensure such drums remain structurally sound. TAMA’s answer is the Starclassic Maple’s thin cross-laminated shells. At six and eight plies each, these shells are still only 5mm and 7mm thick; as a result, they're capable of incredible power, cut, and resonance. The cross lamination adds strength that is far greater than found in thicker shells of lesser quality. Outer veneers of highly figured movingui add a visual punch and subtle depth to the maple's warmth, cut, and resonance. From the lightest studio touch to the heaviest tour abuse, the Starclassic Maple promises great tone and performance for all styles and applications.
Evans heads promise great tone right out of the gate
Don't worry about replacing those heads. Your TAMA Starclassic Maple shell pack ships with a full complement of Evans heads. You get clear G2s (batter) and G1s (reso) on the toms for a tried-and-true studio combo, along with a clear EQ4 on kick for that punchy, full, pre-EQed tone we drummers are crazy about.
Premium die-cast zinc hoops provide consistent tuning and superior tone
The hoops on your drums affect far more than tuning stability. That's why your TAMA Starclassic Maple toms include premium die-cast zinc hoops. Manufactured using a high-density injection molding process rather than a conventionally stamped triple-flanged method, these hoops provide uniform bolt contact and give your toms a crisper attack with added high-end resonance.
Quick-lock tom brackets
Sure, the Starclassic Maple's Quick-lock tom brackets save you setup time. But what drummers at here really love is the peace of mind they afford. There are no memory locks to keep track of — just flip a switch to lock each mount in place. Then unlock to leave on the stand, or leave locked to the shell and store in your case. What's more, the Quick-lock's rubber lining further isolates the stand from the shell for better resonance and a purer tone.
TAMA Starclassic 6-piece Shell Pack Features:
- Sizes (depth x diameter): 7" x 10" and 8" x 12" toms, 16" x 16" floor tom, 16" x 22" bass drum
- All-maple shells exhibit powerful warmth, resonance, and midrange punch
- Premium die-cast zinc hoops provide consistent tuning and extra high-end resonance
- Rubber-based claw hooks deliver consistent pressure and rattle-free operation
- Air Pocket rubber feet preserve sustain by eliminating the transfer of vibrations to the floor
- Bass drum spur bracket with memory markers make setup faster and easier
- Hold Tight washers keep vibrations from dropping tension
- Evans drumheads provide excellent sound
- Tobacco Sunburst Moningui Lacquer
- Shell pack without snare
- 7" x 10", 8" x 12"
- 16" x 16"
- 16" x 22"