Wonderful 6-string Fender Jaguar Bass from Squier
The Squier Vintage Modified Bass VI is descended from the historic Fender Bass VI (1961–1975) that was embraced by guitar and bass luminaries alike. Jack Bruce played one in the early days of Cream. George Harrison used one in the Beatles' "Hey Jude" video. The Vintage Modified Bass VI puts classic Fender bass tone, looks, and feel into your hands at an amazing price point.
It features a lightweight, resonant basswood body cut in that unmistakable, vintage Jaguar body shape that not only looks great but lays comfortably against your body for hours of comfortable playing. In addition, a unique trio of single-coil pickups on the Vintage Modified Bass VI put out an array of rich, full low-end tone as well as great midrange and touches of treble. And a classic maple neck with "C"-shaped profile brings you that legendary Fender playability and comfort
Stellar trio of single-coil pickups
The Squier Vintage Modified Bass VI features a trio of Custom Single-Coil Jaguar with Claw pickups. This unique array of pickups along with three on/off slide switches — one for each pickup — and a “strangle” bass-cut slide switch, put an impressive array of tonal options at your fingertips. You can dial in smooth low end for classic bass tone, as well as a slightly brighter range for a more "guitar-like" sound. And because the Bass VI is tuned E–E, a full octave lower than standard tuning, you can really dip in and out of both worlds with comfortable familiarity.
This solid maple neck with "C"-shaped profile also features an Indian Laurel fingerboard with elegant white binding that provides yet another layer of comfort and playability. In addition, a vintage-style bridge with non-locking floating vibrato provides great tonal support.
- Classic Fender Jaguar 6-string bass brings vintage looks, feel, and tone
- Maple neck with "C"-shaped profile and 20-fret Indian Laurel fingerboard offer great comfort and playability
- Trio of Custom Single-Coil Jaguar with Claw pickups delivers an array of bass and guitaresque tone
- Four two-position slider switches—an on/off switch for each pickup and one bass cut "strangle" tone circuit switch—for a wealth of tonal variations.
- Vintage-style bridge with non-locking floating vibrato provides great tonal support
- Three-ply pickguard, chrome hardware, and black plastic knobs add even more classic look and vibe to this wonderful instrument
- Body Material Basswood
- Body Finish Gloss Polyurethane
- Fretboard Material Laurel
- Fretboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- No. of Frets 21
- Scale Length 30" (762 mm)
- Fretboard Inlays Pearloid Blocks
- Pickups Custom Single-Coil Jaguar with Claw & Custom RWRP Single-Coil Jaguar with Claw
- Bridge 6-Saddle Vintage-Style with Non-Locking Floating Vibrato
- Strings Nickel Plated Steel (.024 -.084 Gauges)
- Tuning Machines Vintage-Style
- Hardware Finish Chrome