The Soundcraft GB8 live console series is designed to deliver the audio fidelity and mixing capabilities necessary in front-of-house (FOH) or monitor mixing applications in large or small venues. The GB8 is available in 16, 24, 32, 40 and 48 channel frames to suite specific needs in live sound mixing.
This model is configured with 48 input channels. 48 inputs feature microphone and line level connections, an additional 4 stereo inputs are provided as well. The stereo inputs (ST1 - ST4) provide L/R stereo line level inputs and 3-pin XLR microphone inputs for stereo microphone placement when capturing vocals, instruments, ambiance, etc. The console features 8 group outputs enabling routing to monitors, external recorders, etc. The GB8 series implements Soundcraft's GB30 microphone preamp and EQ, delivering the sonic quality expected of more costly consoles.
Additional features include Soundcraft's famed matrix mixer for added routing flexibility and an integrated meter bridge, enabling accurate metering.
- 40 Mono, 4 Stereo Input Channels
- The GB8 series is available in a variety of frame configurations. This model features 48 mono and 4 stereo inputs
- 8 Subgroup Outputs
- The GB8 series feature 8 group outputs for routing to external recorders, monitors, etc.
- Matrix Mixer
- The matrix output mixer provides added routing flexibility.
- 8 Auxiliary Sends
- 8 auxiliary sends provide plenty of routing to external effects, monitors, etc.
- Direct Outputs
- All mono inputs provide direct outputs for direct routing to recorders, mixers, etc.
- GB30 Microphone Preamplifiers
- Soundcraft's GB30 microphone preamplifier's provide an ultra low-noise floor while maintaining high output gain.
- Integrated Meterbridge
- The GB8 series features an integrated LED and VU meter bridge for accurate metering of input and output level.
Total # Of Inputs 48 Total Mic/Line Inputs 48 Line: 1/4" TRS Phone
48 Microphone: 3-pin XLR
Stereo Line Inputs 4 Stereo: L/R Paired 1/4" Phone Line & 3-pin XLR Microphone In-Line Inputs/Returns No AUX Sends 8 Aux Sends AUX Returns 4 Stereo Returns Inserts 1/4" TRS Phone - Mono Inputs, Main Output and Subgroup Outputs BUS (Group) Outputs 8 Subgroups: Balanced 3-pin XLR 2 Trk Master I/O Mix L/R: Stereo Paired 3-pin XLR Balanced ALT I/O ALT Stereo: L/R Stereo Paired 1/4" Output Monitor Outputs Monitor: L/R Stereo Paired 1/4" TRS Phone EQ Section High Filter: 13kHz, +/- 15dB, 2nd order shelving
Hi-Mid: 550Hz - 13khz, +/- 15dB, Q=1.5
Lo-Mid: 80Hz - 1.9kHz, +/- 15dB, Q=1.5
Low Filter: 80Hz, +/- 15dB, 2nd order shelving
Solo/Mute All Input Channels Channel Level Control 100mm Faders Trim/Gain Control Rotary Potentiometers Phantom Power +48V Phantom individually switched Metering Input Channels: Single tri-color 4-segment LED bargraph
Outputs: 11 tri-color 12-segment LED bargraphs, + Meterpod with 3 VU meters (L/R/C)
Frequency Response 20Hz to 20kHz <1dB Dynamic Range not specified by manufacturer Signal-to-Noise Ratio Measured RMS, 22Hz to 22kHz Bandwidth
-128dBu Mic E.I.N. @ unity gain, 150 ohms souce impedance
<-82dBu Mix Output, 40 inputs routed to mix
<-83dBu Group & Center Outputs
<-80dBu Aux Outputs
<-89dBu Matrix Outputs
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) <0.006%Mic sens. -30dBu, +20dBu at all outputs @ 1kHz Power Supply Internal AC PSU - 85V, 270V AC, 50/60Hz universal input
Less than 150W
Dimensions 99.2 lbs. (45 kg) Weight 74.37 x 9.23 x 25.83" (1889 x 235 x 656mm) (WxHxD) Packaging Info Package Weight 131.5 lb Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 81.5 x 30.5 x 11.5"